FYI: There’s some funny, but still NSFW language in the audio edition of this book. So, be advised that if you are listening to this at work, use your headphones.
New episodes will run on the 1st and 15th of every month all through 2018. You can support this project by buying a print edition of the book to give to a friend or donate to your local library.
The full, commercial-free, version of the audiobook is also available here on Audible.
Episode 4 of 22
Episode 2: The Last Days of Privacy
Episode 3: You Totally Do Have Something to Hide
You Totally Do Have Something to Hide
What should be done to ensure that your data is safe and your privacy is protected? While the US has few laws to address this issue with any teeth, other countries do have some ideas.
Listen to today’s episode to hear more about the possibilities for such regulation and the ramifications of these laws.
Some highlights of today’s episode include:
- Should tech companies pay users a salary for use of their data?
- Why efforts for change should start at the state level instead of with the federal government
- The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which protect the online privacy of citizens
- The impact of lobbying and lobbyists on data protection regulation in the US
- What happened when a European journalist requested their own data from Tinder
- The possibility of ad-free social media sites for a fee
Links and Resources:
Podcast Motor (Episode Sponsor)
(Other news-related links can be found in the print edition’s bibliography.)
For questions or comments, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or TEXT (don’t call) 646-331-8341