It’s not just the government collecting your data. Private companies are collecting data about you every day, and it’s worth a lot of money to them. Every time you log into a social media site, order something online, or use an internet connected device, you’re generating more data that private companies are harvesting.
It’s easy to be unaware of how many different ways your privacy is being eroded. In this episode, I’ll talk about the different kinds of data being collected and how it might be used.
Some highlights of today’s episode include:
- How more data is used to create better algorithms, leading to more automation
- How devices like Alexa or a self-driving car collect and share data
- The twelve different types of data that companies are currently collecting
- How Facebook’s data set of faces can be used in targeted advertising.
- Names of some of the data brokers that make money from your data
Links and Resources:
To purchase the book, visit YourPrivacyBook.com
This podcast is powered by PodcastMotor