What should be done to ensure that your data is safe and your privacy is protected? While the US has no laws to address this issue, other countries do have some ideas. Listen to today’s episode to hear more about the possibilities for such regulation and the ramifications for these laws.
Highlights of today’s episode include:
- Should tech companies pay users a salary for use of their data?
- Why efforts for change should start at the state level instead of with the federal government
- The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which protect the online privacy of citizens
- The impact of lobbying and lobbyists on data protection regulation in the US
- What happened when a European journalist requested their own data from Tinder
- The possibility of ad-free social media sites for a fee
Links and Resources:
Email BJ Mendelson at BJ@BJMendelson.com
Text BJ Mendelson at (646) 331-8341
To purchase the book, visit YourPrivacyBook.com
This podcast is powered by PodcastMotor