What happens when your data is stolen? This is a question that everyone needs to consider, because the chances are good that it will happen to you eventually. Remember, your data is valuable not just to companies, but also to criminals. In this episode, I’ll talk about what needs to be done to protect your data.
Highlights of this episode include:
- How the EU’s GDPR regulations are a blueprint for how companies could be held responsible for poor security management in the US.
- How lax security is often responsible for hacks and data breaches
- How common it is for ex-employees to be involved in data breaches
- How phishing is often used to pull of serious data breaches
- An explanation of phishing
- What to do if you get hit with a phishing scam
- What can happen if your identifying data is stolen by a criminal
- Why you should take password management seriously
Links and Resources:
To purchase the book, visit YourPrivacyBook.com
This podcast is powered by PodcastMotor