In late 2022, we launched the first WAYWO.TV Special Report, “Stupid Sexy Privacy“, sponsored by DuckDuckGo.
Slate even interviewed me about it.
Below is a list of guests I spoke to for the show. The transcripts of these conversations will eventually be posted on this website.
You will also find additional resources on this page for products and services recommended throughout the miniseries.
There are some affiliate links here. These don’t cost you anything extra, and if you choose to use those links, it throws a small bit of money our way which helps us pay for new episodes of the show. All affiliate links will be marked with a * sign.
Stupid Sexy Privacy Guests
- Nina Jankowitz, Former Executive Director of the Disinformation Governance Board of the United States
- Dr. John Gartner, clinical psychologist, author, and founder of “Duty to Warn,” a national organization of mental health professionals.
- Corey Doctorow, science fiction author, and journalist, recently published the expose “Chokepoint Capitalism.”
- Tom Virelli, Chief Product Officer at Twitch
- Victoria Song, Reporter and wearables reviewer at The Verge
- Frank Ahearn, blackmail consultant and author of “How to Disappear” and “The Self-Help Guide for Stopping Blackmail”
- Matthew D. Green, Associate Professor at John Hopkins University Information Security Institute
- Brittan Heller, Senior Fellow Democracy and Technology at the Atlantic Council, World Economic Forum Metaverse Governance
- Dr. Arthur Caplan, founding head of the Division of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine in New York City
- Karen Levy, Associate Professor, Department of Information Science, Cornell University
- Andrew Strait, Associate Director of Emerging Technology and Industry Practice, Ada Lovelace Institute
- Bob Hoffman, former ad agency executive and industry commentator. Recently invited to speak to British and European parliaments on Ad fraud.
- Dr. Nicole Prause, neuroscientist, researcher on human sexual behavior and addiction, psychologist, and founder of Liberos, a private research institute.
-If you are being stalked or harassed, we encourage you to reach out to Carrie Goldberg’s Victims Rights Law Firm.
-If you require more advanced technical assistance in securing your privacy from fascists and weirdos, we recommend reaching out to the offices of Michael Bazzell.
–DuckDuckGo: Private Search, @ Duck Email Forwarding Service, and a free browser that keeps you from being tracked around the web by creepy ads. There’s also an app that helps track, and block, the numerous apps on your phone that have stalker ware baked into them. Yes. They sponsored the show, but only because we asked them and we actively use these services.*
–1Password: There are a lot of great password managers out there. This is the one we use and recommend.*
–Delete Me: I can’t recommend this service enough. I use it. My Dad uses it. My sister uses it. If you have the time and patience to go through the data-broker list, more power to you. But if you got a little extra money, let these guys do it for you AND keep watch for any additional info about you that gets leaked.
–Leuchtturm 1917 Bullet Journal Notebook: This is what we recommend to use as a “privacy notebook” throughout the show. Any notebook will do. You do not need to use this one. This is just the one we recommend and I use.